Monthly Volunteer Time Sheet
Track your hours for each category and submit at the end of each month. If you have more than one student, complete a separate report for each.
To submit, please do one of the following:
- Submit online
- Download, print, and mail to: Literacy Volunteers of Bangor, 354 Hogan Road, Bangor Maine 04401
- Email us your hours
- Call us at (207) 947-8451
Annual Student Report
Complete this report if you worked with a student at any time between July 1 and June 30. Complete a separate survey for each student you tutored. If you submitted your volunteer hours monthly, you may skip page 2.
Please submit your report online or request a copy of the report from the office.
Training & Development Opportunities for Volunteers
1. Online Resource Banks: A repository of digital materials is found in this Google Drive folder, and links to helpful web resources organized by category are found on our Pinterest page. Tutors are encouraged to submit favorite resources for inclusion.
2. ProLiteracy Education Network a comprehensive collection of online courses and resources for adult literacy and ESL instructors, program staff, trainers, and adult learners. Create a free account to explore the resources.
3. Curriculum Resources at the Literacy Volunteers’ office in Bangor: Workbooks, textbooks, study guides and more (in many cases, multiple copies of each) can be borrowed by tutors and/or students. You may use our photocopier for planning, preparation, and lessons. Over 1,000 materials available!
4. Literacy Volunteers’ Resource Room at the Bangor Public Library is located on the 3rd floor; the key can be requested at the Children’s Department circulation desk. Leveled fiction and non-fiction, High Interest-Low Level books, reference materials, word games, and more are available for use to borrow.
5. Zoom Conferencing to meet with your student virtually. Zoom is a video conferencing service that allows tutors to meet with their students via their computer, tablet or smart phone in order to have lessons. The Zoom app needs to be downloaded for both parties. While Zoom does have a free option, it limits meetings to 40 minutes. Those tutors interested in meeting via Zoom with their students using our license can request a date and time by calling or emailing us at email@example.com and a link for the meeting will be provided.
Tutor Training & Support
1. Tutor Mentors: Upon receiving a student assignment, new tutors are matched with an experienced mentor tutor who can provide support and ideas. Mentors are members of the Tutor Training & Support Committee.
2. The Toolkit for Tutors & Teachers adult literacy conference is held annually. A mixture of workshops and themes to choose from means something for everyone.
3. Knowledgeable educators and peer tutors conduct Tutor Seminars on a variety of topics 6 – 10 times each year. Suggest a topic or lead your own!
4. Tutor Tips arrive via email, often as part of monthly Literacy Matters tutor newsletters, 8-10 times each year showcasing a resource, strategy, or idea that is helpful to tutors. Tutors are encouraged to share by submitting tips of their own.
For more immediate support, contact the Program Manager, 207-947-8451 or info@LVBangor.org. Most notification of training, recognition, and networking opportunities takes place via email.