Other Ways To Give
When You Support Literacy, You Change Lives
When adults improve their literacy, the whole community benefits. An increase in adult literacy strengthens our economy, improves family welfare, and enables career growth.
Adults who didn’t complete school and/or have low literacy cost all of us. They require more funding from social services, and often lack the skills and education needed for Maine’s 21st Century workforce.
Supporting adult literacy means supporting Maine’s most precious resource: its people.
Other Opportunities to Support Our Mission
- Donate your time. You can tutor or volunteer in other ways, including in the office or on a committee.
- CLYNK: Hannaford’s CLYNK program allows your returnable bottles and cans to be donated to our mission. Simply get tagged bags from our office.
- Or if you have a personal CLYNK account, you can redirect your CLYNK balance to us. To learn how to do this, click here.
- Facebook Fundraiser: Engage your contacts and use social media to promote us. You can also share our posts to raise awareness.
- Collect new or gently used children’s books and we’ll redistribute them to needy families.
Our donors are committed to improving adult literacy. Whether they’re driven by personal experience, civic duty, or seeing us in action, our donors make our work possible. Read on to learn a little more about some of our most dedicated donors.
Denise & Albert Allen
Our donors make THE difference. Since we receive no state or federal monies, we rely on support from individuals, businesses, and foundations.
We enthusiastically thank our supporters for their annual donations.